We’ll let the facts speak for themselves:
We enjoy a staggering low cost of living at 27% below the US average.
We have a Trade Pull Factor of 1.86%.
We are located along busy I-40, allowing a 30 minute commute to Oklahoma City, home of one of the state’s largest employers, Tinker AFB.
We are a regional retail destination, drawing income from a multi-county area.
We enjoy two nationally acclaimed four-year liberal arts universities and are one of only five aviation training locations in the state.
We have a diverse manufacturing base, spanning aerospace, hydraulics, plastics, metals, glass and more.
We are an “Agurban” community, as defined by Jack Schultz, sustaining a busy agricultural and oil and gas markets.
With strong retail, agricultural, manufacturing, housing and educational sectors you’ll find a growing economy, strong workforce and a location that most businesses dream about. Contact us today or keep up with latest developments in Shawnee by subscribing to the Monday Memo.
Files You Can Download
- Catalyst Presentation
- Shawnee Merchandising and Implementation Plan
- 10 Companies Using the OK Training for Industry Program
- New Markets Tax Credit
Information regarding the New Markets Tax Credit Program
- Business Basics
A Guide for New Business in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Map
- Workforce Trends & Forecast - June 2012
- City of Shawnee Enforcement Brochure
- City of Shawnee Permitting Brochure
- Shawnee ICSC Flyer
- VOTC-WOTC The American Jobs Act
- 21st Century Quality Jobs Guidelines
- 2014 Oklahoma Business Incentives and Tax Guide(13) copy 2
- Economic Development Resource Guide
- Shawnee Census Info
- Pottawatomie County Census Info
- OKCRP Population - Counties
- OKCRP Commuting Patterns - 2014
- Degree Completions OBU-SGU - 2012-2013
- Manufacturers Skills Needed Poster
- Top Twenty Pottawatomie County Employers - 05-2016
- 2015 City Water Report
- Aerospace Directory for OKC - 5-2015
- Shell Building Flyer
Most files are PDF format, and require the free Adobe Reader.